Educator / Editor / Publisher
I’m craft challenged, a lousy housekeeper, a great cook, and a dedicated locavore. I blog about Montessori and write mom lit and memoir. I’m also a book publisher, editor of several parent humor anthologies, mom to a DS child, a 3-6 and 6-9 Montessori-trained teacher, and wait, where am I? I wrote a story in elementary school about a dog whose owner died, the dog went looking for him, found his grave, and stayed there forever (in dog years). My humorous side came later in life. I spent eight glorious but broke-as-hell years in theater. I did everything but act. (You can thank me later.) I was also a program director of an award-winning underground comedy venue in San Francisco for three years, the same city I was raised in . . . all while in grad school where I got my Masters in Creative Writing. Did I mention I was also teaching in a Montessori school?
My fellow bloggers always ask me “Do you ever sleep?” for which I reply “I am really three people ” (and none of us can act). I live in Northern California with my family of three (and my pet-family of three). I like to unwind in my son’s playhouse–turned mom den–reading historical fiction, sipping ice tea, and listening to Celtic music and wind chimes.
Subscribe! It’s free! What do subscribers get?
* What Is a Mother to Do? podcast–launching soon–bloopers and behind the scenes snippets!
* Download the mom lit parent humor anthology (the free PDF ebook) Motherhood May Cause Drowsiness: Funny Stories by Sleepy Moms, First Edition, by me, Lisa Nolan.
* Discount codes for upcoming anthologies including Mom for the Holidays and What Is a Mother to Do? Adventures in Mirth and Mayhem, also by me, Lisa Nolan!
Get updates (once a month) on my upcoming:
- boot camps
- anthology and picture book releases
- adult coloring PDFs and books
- special online events
- giveaways and more
–but only once a month–that’s all I have time for, LOL! Click here to my online form.
IMPORTANT! After you confirm your subscription, please add me–my “from” email address–to your contacts so none of my emails end up in your spam or junk folder! Even when you are a confirmed subscriber, m messages can STILL end up being labeled as spam!